Meet your ultimate guide to leveled-up eggs! We all know those morning routines can get monotonous... and expensive, especially if you’re used to overpaying for a simple egg breakfast at your local brunch spot. Luckily, we’ve put together a few of our favorite ways to spruce up this morning staple. Pretty soon, people will be coming to your place for brunch!
Sunny-Side Up Avocado Toast
This is a major favorite. Not only does it taste amazing (like, amazing!), but it’s also super freakin easy:
- Toast a couple of slices of wholegrain bread. Boom!
- Mash an avocado in a small bowl seasoned with kosher salt and pepper. Pow!
- Crack an egg over a skillet, then cover and cook to your liking. Zing!
- Spread mashed avocado on your toast. Woo!
- Using your GIR Ultimate Flip, gently lay your egg on top. Done!
- Hot sauce optional... but we highly recommend it.
Jammy Soft-Boiled Eggs
This may come as a surprise (don’t worry, it’s a good one) but our Spaghetti Spoon isn’t just for spaghetti! We love using it to transfer our jammy eggs from the boiling pot, just before dunking them in a bowl of ice water.
- Drop eggs in boiling water and let them sit for your desired amount of time, we recommend 6.5 minutes—yes, this is the magic number.
- Using a GIR Spaghetti Spoon, transfer your eggs from the boiling water to a bowl of ice water.
- Once cooled, peel and slice egg before serving over your favorite salad for a quick and healthy meal!
Another one of our morning faves! Poached eggs are so versatile and make a delicious topper on anything from Southwestern style hash browns to sauteed asparagus! The only tool we’d use for poached eggs? Of course, it has to be
our handy Perforated Spoon. It’s a master at scooping and draining delicate eggs out of the pot and onto our plate.
- Heat the water and add 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 2 teaspoons white vinegar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Crack 1 very fresh cold large egg into a ramekin, we recommend this one.
- Using the handle of a GIR Perforated Spoon, quickly stir the water in one direction until smoothly spinning around. Do not swirl if using more than 1 egg.
- Add the egg: Carefully drop the egg into the center of the whirlpool. The swirling water will help prevent the white from spreading out in the pan.
- Poach: Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set your timer for 5 minutes. Leave it alone.
- Remove the egg using a GIR Perforated spoon and serve immediately!
Fluffy & Scrambled
The key to the best scrambled eggs on earth? Patience, and lots of butter. Believe us, you'll thank us later!
- Break your eggs into a bowl with a splash of water or milk along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a GIR Ultimate Whisk, beat the eggs for 30-60 seconds until fully blended.
- Keeping the heat on low, add a tablespoon of unsalted butter and pour the eggs into the pan.
- As the outer edges set, use your GIR Ultimate Spatula to push them towards the center. Then, tilt your pan to re-flood the edges with the rest of the egg mixture.
- Repeat until the eggs are fully cooked and break up on the scramble.
- Season accordingly and enjoy!
We highly recommend using a nonstick pan when making eggs (unless boiling or poaching, obviously). In our opinion, nonstick pans were made for cooking perfected eggs. This is optional but don't blame us if you have to spend some time scraping eggs off the bottom of your pan! We love this one from Amazon - it just makes the clean up a whole lot easier!
Interested in more GIR Team recipes? Check out our Vegan Banana Bread and our Zucchini Lasagna Rolls with Sausage and Ricotta!
Did you make any of these recipes?
Tag @gir on Instagram and hashtag it #CookHappy for a chance to be re-posted!
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?