*Gwen Stefani voice* This bread is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Okay, now that that's out of the way...
Happen to have a few extra bananas lying around? We’ve got the perfect vegan banana bread recipe that will turn your ripening leftovers into a delicious boost of natural energy! It's the perfect vegan twist on an old classic because we wanted to prove it’s just as delicious. Plus, you know, animal agriculture is so last decade…
So here's the deal. This fruit is high in fiber (both soluble and insoluble) making it an excellent snack choice. Fiber slows down digestion and keeps hunger pangs at bay, meaning you’ll continue to feel full for longer periods of time. Not to mention, bananas are packed full of essential nutrients like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and B6 which are crucial in stabilizing your energy levels throughout the day!
Tools you'll need
- GIR Wire Masher - the star of the show! Aside from maximum mashing efficiency, it can provide a fun opportunity for any little ones to help out in the kitchen.
- GIR Ultimate Spoonula (or a GIR Ultimate Spatula) for mixing
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x5 loaf pan
Prep Time = 20 min
Bake Time = 45 min
Yield = 1 Loaf
Ingredients4 medium ripe bananas
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup almond milk
½ cup light brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, and flour lightly.
- Mash 3 of the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and use a GIR Spoonula/Spatula to mix.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Cup up remaining banana into slices and layout on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
We like to use extra ripe bananas to increase flavor, sweetness and moistness.
Interested in more GIR Team recipes? Check out our Smooth & Creamy Cauliflower Soup and our Zucchini Lasagna Rolls with Sausage and Ricotta!